Coleslaw is easy to make and can take a variety of forms based on the dressing. This version features my Creamy Avocado Dressing mixed with finely shredded cabbage and carrots. It’s the perfect companion to a Mexican or traditional Guatemalan entrée.
This dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for a day or two. If you don’t need six servings, divide the slaw and dressing and only dress what you need. The slaw does not keep well after it has been dressed.
- ½ cabbage cut in thin shreds
- 1 carrot shredded
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 servings Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Mix the slaw in a large bowl. Allow it to sit for about an hour.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. After the first 1/4 cup water, add a little at a time until the dressing is almost pourable.
- Just before serving, mix the dressing into the slaw.
Share this post!