I needed a dish to take to a potluck. There are only so many times you can take pasta salad or hummus to a potluck, right? One of my standby dishes is quinoa salad, but I was out of quinoa. What to do?
Presto, this Brown Rice Salad was born. It has most of the ingredients I put into my quinoa salad, but I jazzed it up with some of my favorite tahini dressing and toasted pumpkin seeds. The result is a dish that is layered with flavors and oh-so-satisfying.
Brown Rice Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 cups brown rice cooked according to your favorite method, and cooled to room temperature (4-5 cups cooked)
- 1 cup garbanzos rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets lightly steamed and cooled (about 1 small head)
- 1/2 cup Easy Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted, or your favorite nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the rice, garbanzos, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion, and broccoli.
- Add the tahini dressing and stir to coat the rice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds (or nuts) on top.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!