I’ve tried a lot of Carrot Ginger Soup variations, and finally found a ratio of carrot to ginger I enjoy.
The jalepeño adds a nice little kick that is not overwhelming. Omit it if you don’t like spicy foods.
This recipe doubles and triples well. It also reheats well.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped (optional)
- 8 carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- pepper to taste
- cilantro chopped for garnish
- In a soup pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño (if using) to the onions and continue to sauté 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and broth. Bring to a boil. Allow the soup to cook until the carrots are tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool a bit.
- Process in batches in a blender, or use an immersion blender, until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Reheat for a few minutes. Serve in bowls and top with a bit of chopped cilanto.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!