Silly name? Maybe so, but that’s what everyone who tries them agrees they are.
I was looking for a recipe that could incorporate the delicious cacao made here at Lake Atitlan. I found one at joyoushealth.ca and modified it for my guests.
For more information about the cacao I use, please see Ceremonial Cacao, the site of the “Chocolate Shaman.”
Cacao (often sold as “raw” cacao) is unsweetened. The dates give both texture and sweetness.
Chocolate Balls of Deliciousness
- 1 cup walnuts or use almonds, pecans, or a combination
- 12 dates pitted
- 1/4 cup cacao chopped fine (you can use cacao nibs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup agave also works fine
- Place all ingredients except sweetener in a food processor and process for a minute or two, until all ingredients are combined and has a texture of small pebbles.
- Add sweetener and process just enough to combine. The mixture should hold together and not be too sticky.
- Roll into 1″ balls.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!