Some days you just need soup. Today I was in the mood for a hearty, creamy soup with a kick, and I wanted it fast. This Creamy Curried Cauliflower Potato soup was the result, and it took about 30 minutes. Swirl in a little Sweet and Spicy Sriracha sauce–it was perfect.
I started with only 1 teaspoon of curry power, and ended up making it a tablespoon instead. Curry powders vary widely, so I suggest starting with a small amount and add more when you blend the soup.
I used a hand blender, but you can use a regular blender–just allow the soup to cool a bit before blending it in batches. I like the stick blender because you can blend the soup immediately, right in the pot, with minimal clean-up required. I have this inexpensive hand blender, and it works great.
Want something that’s not quite so hearty? Omit the potatoes and double the cauliflower. The soup won’t be quite as creamy, but you might not even notice the difference.
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Potato Soup
- 1 cauliflower medium, cut into florets (about 5 cups of florets)
- 1 lb white potatoes cut into 1″ cubes
- 6 cups miso broth 2 tablespoon miso blended with 6 cups water or veggie broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder adjust to your taste
- Hot sauce or chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Place all ingredients in a pot. You want the broth to just cover the cauliflower and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until the veggies are quite soft.
- Blend the soup until creamy. If you like a chunky soup, just blend half and leave the other half unblended.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!