With apologies to Laura Nyro, “Curry down to the cole slaw picnic…”
This is my new favorite raw vegan salad.
This recipe serves 2 as a main dish for lunch or 4 as a side dish.
Make sure you finely grate or cut the cabbage in very thin julienned slices. Having thinly sliced cabbage is a key to the texture of this dish.
If you don’t have a high power blender, soak the cashews for about an hour before blending for a smooth dressing.
- 1/2 cup carrot juice from about 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cabbage julienned or finely grated
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 2-3 green onions thinly sliced
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, then set aside while you chop the vegetables.
- Toss all ingredients, then toss with the dressing. You may not need all of the dressing–use about half and adjust to your taste.
- Lightly dust with smoked paprika and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!