These super easy Peanut Butter Truffle Balls are one of our most popular desserts.
I originally found the recipe online–no idea where–when I wanted an afternoon snack with peanut butter and was low on ingredients. Since then I’ve changed the recipe several times. The latest addition was dipping them in chocolate. Oh. My. In my hungry household, these get munched up in one day.
Note: The ingredient proportions may vary slightly depending on the type of peanut butter and sweetener you use. If the dough is too sticky you can add a little more oat flour.
Peanut Butter Truffle Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats if gluten-free, be sure you use gluten-free oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter natural style
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or us agave syrup, rice syrup, or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt omit if your peanut butter is salted
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put rolled oats into a food processor or blender and process into oat flour.
- Add peanut butter, liquid sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and continue processing until the ingredients are combined. If your food processor isn’t up to the task, mix the ingredients in a bowl. The mixture should be the consistency of a slightly sticky dough.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. If the dough is too sticky, refrigerate it for about an hour before rolling.
- Mix the peanuts and sesame seeds in a bowl. Roll each ball in the mixture.
- Chill and store the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: the nutritional information includes optional ingredients and the chocolate variation.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!