When I travelled to Peru, finding vegan food was a challenge. Fortunately, my guide’s wife understood and made me a delicious quinoa salad several times during my visit. This is my adaptation based on what I remembered from my travels. It’s one of my favorite lunches.
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 cups quinoa (I like a combination of red and white)
- 4 cups water
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- 1 avocado, chopped
Cook quinoa until water is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Allow to cool.
Mix all ingredients except the avocado. Adjust seasonings. Gently stir in the avocado.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
Share this post!