When I travelled to Peru, finding vegan food was a challenge. Fortunately, my guide’s wife understood and made me a delicious quinoa salad several times during my visit. This is my adaptation based on what I remembered from my travels. It’s one of my favorite lunches.
- 2 cups quinoa I like a combination of red and white
- 4 cups water
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or to taste
- 1 lime juices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- Cook quinoa until water is absorbed (about 20 minutes). Allow to cool.
- Mix all ingredients except the avocado. Adjust seasonings. Gently stir in the avocado.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!