This recipe is super quick, easy to make, and packed with flavor. It’s also adaptable based on the veggies you have on hand. Don’t like tofu or want soy in your diet? No problem–just leave the tofu out. It all cooks up in a single baking dish.
This recipe evolved from Vegan Richa’s Eggplant and Tofu in Soy Lime Sauce. Though we enjoyed the dish, my husband is not a big eggplant fan. I also wanted a saucier dish. My new version was a huge hit and is now one of our weekly favorite dishes.
It’s the sauce that gives this dish its amazing flavor. The first time I made it I didn’t have any chili garlic sauce, so I used sriracha instead. It worked fine, but the chili garlic sauce takes the dish to a whole different level.
We’re big eaters, so this recipe served 2 people. You may find that is serves 4. Or 1.
Spicy Roasted Vegetables and Tofu
- 1/2 lb tofu firm is best, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 8 oz mushrooms any type, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower cut into small florets (or use other veggies of your choice–brocolli and zuchini are great choices)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch tapioca starch or arrowroot also work
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce use tamari for gluten free
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce use less if you don't like so much spice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Oil a baking dish and place it in the oven. Turn the oven on the 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the tofu, mushroom, and cauliflower (or other veggies).
- Mix the garlic powder and 1 Tbsp cornstarch in a bowl, then toss with the veggies until the veggies are coated.
- When the oven is hot, take the baking dish out and add the veggies. Spread into an even layer and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once after about 15 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, mix the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Take the veggies out of the oven and pour the sauce over them. Stir until the veggies are coated with the sauce. Return to the over for another 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!