Sometimes the most surprising recipes come from a lack of time and a little inspiration. I needed a quick sauce to put on Popcorn Chicken style tofu. What we ended up with almost magical. Not only was it quick and easy, it was perfect with the tofu and delicious on mashed garlic cauliflower. Yes, this Sweet and Spicy Sriracha sauce is quickly becoming a staple. You can adjust the amount of sriracha and sweetener to change the level of heat and sweetness.
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave–use more if you want it sweeter
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch tapioca starch also works great
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small saucepan, combine the sriracha, ketchup, water, sweetener, and vinegar.
- Heat to simmering.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon of water. Add to the saucepan and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and review, which helps others find the recipe.
Post your photo to Instagram and tag @singingvegan and hashtag #singingvegan.
Share this post!