Best Vegan Mayo (Tofu-Based)
- 1 lb firm tofu crumbled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil optional
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1-2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 6 tablespoons water or until desired consistency is reached
- optional spices any of the following: one or two chipotle peppers with one tablespoon of adobo sauce; one tablespoon curry powder; one tablespoon basil pesto
Place all ingredients except the spices in a blender, starting with 3 tablespoon of water.
Blend until completely smooth and creamy, adding more water one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want.
Add optional spices at the end, blending again until smooth.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg