Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
- 4 potatoes chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 carrot chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cashews raw--or macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Optional seasonings red pepper flakes for nachos, Italian seasoning for pizza, or a couple drops of liquid smoke
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for two minutes.
Add the carrots. Boil for five more minutes.
Add the onion. Boil for seven more minutes or until the onion is soft.
Place the boiled vegetables in the blender. Add one cup of the boiling liquid, onion powder, garlic powder, cashews,salt, nutritional yeast, and apple cider vinegar.
Blend on high speed, adding the liquid a little at a time until the sauce is smooth.
Add seasonings to taste.
Place all ingredients except the vinegar and final (optional) seasonings in the InstantPot and stir to mix.
Use the manual setting and set the time to 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, release the pressure and remove the lid.
Allow the cooked ingredients to cool about 10 minutes.
Place everything in a blender, add the vinegar, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour it over everything! Spread it on toast! Add it to soups!
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1274IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4mg