Perfect Vegan Cream Cheese
This perfectly creamy, spreadable cheese is made from tofu.
- 1 lb tofu silken tofu will give creamier results
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted. Use refined coconut oil unless you want a coconut flavor
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or use lime juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp miso white is best, but any will work
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp soy milk Unsweetened (or use your favorite plant milk.) The actual amount depends on the water content of your tofu.
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until super smooth.
Add more plant milk as needed to allow all ingredients to blend completely. (My tofu is quite firm and I used 1/4 cup homemade almond milk.)
Place in one or more covered containers and refrigerate.
If you want to serve the cream cheese in a block, line the container with plastic wrap before placing the cream cheese mixture inside. I don't bother with this--I serve it straight from the container.
Will keep up to a week in the fridge.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg